JOB TITLE: Design Consultant/Salesperson
The design consultant/salesperson is responsible for working with the client from the initial client contact up until project is completed. He or she will be responsible for creating and selling products that will meet the quality and profit standards established by Prestige Stone Inc.
The design consultant/salesperson is responsible for working in compliance with Prestige Stone Inc. company standards for paperwork and processes, customer, subcontractor, and vendor relationships. He or she will also be held responsible for participating in specified company public relations and marketing events.
The design consultant/salesperson is responsible for:
- Taking leads in design showroom, over the telephone and/or internet resources, as directed by management.
- Interviewing client and evaluating needs for remodel of any kitchen/bath project, flooring, or retail needs.
- Working with management to provide Prestige Stone Inc. with signed contract, specifications, sketches or plans (as needed), finance papers, cost sheet, selections, and all other pertinent project details.
- Quality control, profit, service, and high customer satisfaction remain the responsibility of both the design consultant/salesperson and the project manager throughout the life of the project warranty.
- Monitoring job progress and costs with the project manager on a regular basis.
- Coordinating the billing process with the office staff (down payments, progress payments, and final billing) and reviewing all for accuracy.
- Participating in training programs offered by Prestige Stone Inc. to include use of price books for general work, computer training as required to perform the work assigned, design training, sales training, and other classes as required by the management team.
- Successfully meeting and exceeding Prestige Stone Inc. company goals and objectives.
- Greeting every customer in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Arranging and scheduling necessary meetings with clients.
- Seeking new customers and supporting any walk-in needs – will provide design showroom tours.
- Maintain a high level of customer contact and follow up.
- Entering client information into our database.
- Setting up for a successful process by providing the scheduler with their necessary information and, in some cases, go out to their home for measures.
- Maintaining product catalogue and any price books.
- Sells all products to complete the design plan.
- Responsible for understanding drawings and blueprints.
- Stay current on design trends and have understanding of trends in the market.
- Lay out and select products for new designs.
- Work assigned weekly design showroom hours and some floor hours during special events, such as home shows and company open houses.
- Attend regular general staff meeting and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attending mandatory safety meetings and any other company mandated policy meetings.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- One (1) year of interior design experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company and prior retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to create product displays – design color/texture themes for new designs.
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring is a plus.
- Knowledge in the home improvement is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
- Maintaining a professional and well-kept appearance is a must.
- Prestige Stone Inc.’s dress policy is business casual. See employee handbook for full details.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, subcontractors, vendors/dealers and the general public.
- Expected to abide by Prestige Stone Inc.’s safe workplace policies.
- Able to work on Saturdays once a month.
- Willing to work local shows.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Microsoft Office suite competency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with QuickBooks is a must.
- Experience with 20/20 is a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, and ENVIRONMENT):
- Limited travel may be required by car.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
- Medium Work – Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
If you are interested in joining the team at Prestige Stone and Tile, please email your resume to Sophia Schade via firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Our Story: Prestige is locally family owned and operated by the Ragonesi family. Thomas Ragonesi, III started in the tile business at 14 years of age working weekends with his father and is now a designated Master Installer. Eventually, Tom decided to open his own business, Prestige Stone & Tile. Prestige has been in the low country since 1998 and Tom has worked hard to earn both himself and his company a reputation for superior quality, satisfaction and product excellence.